Buy Cute African Grey Parrots Online For Sale
Cute African Grey Parrots For Sale are also known as Grey Parrot Congo or African gray Congo. It is an old-world parrot and once was considered as a subspecies of grey parrot. But now it is recognize as a full species.
Now let’s find out how long do African greys live. African grey parrot lifespan can go up to 60 years in captivity. However, the African grey lifespan is shorter in the wild, which ranges from 20 to 23 years. African grey in the wild is exposed to more predators and other dangers.
African grey parrots are the natives of the lush green African forests. They are highly social birds that live in large family groups. An African Grey Parrot is a lovey-dovey bird. If you don’t take proper care of it in a domestic environment, it will exhibit self-harming behaviors and will die.
As it is a very chirpy and loveable bird, there are some important points that you need to keep in mind for its survival in the domestic habitat. And in this brief guide, we are going to highlight those points for your assistance.
- Common name: African Grey Parrot
- Latin name: Psittacus Erithacus
- Group name: Flock
- Diet: Herbivore (Nuts, fruits, small insects, and seeds)
- Adult size: Up to 13 inches long
- Adult weight: 400 grams.
- Life expectancy: Captivity – 40 to 60 years, Wild – 20 to 23 years
- Color: Predominantly grey
- Sounds: Vocal communicator
- Interaction: Highly social
- Origins: Western and Central Africa